- Minister Launches India Standards Portal Read More
- Centre extends IPR protection scheme for start-ups till 2020 Read More and Start-up: Only Obtaining a Certificate of Recognition From DIPP is enough for IPR Benefits Read More
- WIPO and DIPP sign agreement to set up Technology & Innovation centres in India Read More
- The Bureau of Indian Standards has prepared Draft Rules for (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2017 under the provisions of Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016. Suggestion & Comments are invited latest by 21st June’2017
- New building code (NBC) to hold developers liable for safety – Government of India: The Centre unveiled a code under which builders can be made liable for the safety of the structure. The code has been prepared by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) under the consumer affairs ministry. The code contains provisions on use of new/innovative materials and technologies and on prefabricated construction techniques that can give fillip to speedier construction to meet the objectives of housing for all by 2022. The National Building Code of India (NBC), a comprehensive building Code, is a national instrument providing guidelines for regulating the building construction activities across the country.
- An inter-ministerial panel has been discussing setting standards for education services export, health-care and tourism with Bureau of Indian Standards and the government is looking at the Thai model of low-cost tourism. The services sector has grown rapidly over the past decade and accounted for 66.1 percent of growth in gross value added (GVA) growth in 2015-16. The sector is also an important net foreign exchange earner and the most attractive sector for foreign direct investment inflows.
- The government has notified the new Trademark Rules 2017 to streamline and simplify the process of trademark application filing.
- The consumer affairs ministry has drafted a fresh consumer protection Bill after incorporating suggestions of a parliamentary standing committee and hopes to introduce it in the ongoing session.
- Mr AK Sharma has been appointed as DDG-Certification at BIS. Association MAIT met with him and both sides have agreed to conduct a monthly open house for clarifying objections and queries raised on applications for registration of products under CRO.
- Indian delegation in Europe to study smart city development Read More
- 45 cities participate in 3rd round of Smart City Challenge Read More
- Cities to raise municipal bonds to fund Smart City Projects Read More
- Data analytics and Digital India initiatives playing major role in smart cities mission Read More
- C-DOT develops Common Service Platform (CSP) for smart cities Read More
- Huawei in talks with Indian government for smart cities initiative Read More
- Indian Academy of Highway Engineers signs MoU with University of New South Wales for establishing Centre of Excellence in Smart Transportation
- The urban development ministry is preparing a report card on its Smart City Mission as the scheme is set to complete two years of its launch this June.
Read More on this news and for more information on the smart city mission click here
- The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways is hosting the ‘Smart India Hackathon, 2017- Grand Finale’ on 1st & 2nd April, 2017 simultaneously at Nagpur and 25 other different nodal centers across India.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) tests eco-friendly technology to move closer to India’s all-electric car vision by 2030 Read More
- India Unveils Ambitious Plan to Make Every Single Car Electric by 2030 Read More
- Automotive Industry Association – SIAM proposes formation of an automobile regulatory body to deal with policy certainty Read More
- From Emission norm BSIII to BSIV: All you need to know in 10 points Read More
- India gets a connected vehicle strategy: Tata Motors partners with Microsoft Read More
- Auto component industry to reach $13 Bn by 2020: ACMA Read More
- Difficult to convert to emission norm BS-VI from 2019: Auto makers to Supreme Court Read More
- 5G to disrupt automotive industry in 2035: Report Read More
- The Centre has notified the constitution of the National Board of Electric Mobility (NEBM).
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister has approved the changes to the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2016. The Bill will be introduced in the Parliament
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to host Smart India Hackathon 2017 Grand Finale in Nagpur
- The government is working towards formulating an integrated, multi modal logistics and transport policy which will reduce logistics costs in the country by nearly half, making Indian products more competitive.
Electrical Equipment including Consumer Electronics:
- Solar capacity addition in India to reach up to 7.5 GW in FY18 Read More and Solar tariffs in India have fallen by 73 percent since 2010 Read more
- India smart grid investment to grow to $44.9 Bn in 10 yrs. Read More
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Forum of Regulators (FOR) and the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) in the area of large-scale Grid Integration of Renewable Energy
- India has joined the International Energy Agency as an associate member, a development that the IEA said makes the prestigious Paris-based body more relevant and reflects the country’s move to the centre stage of the global energy dialogue
- The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $175 million loan agreement to support construction of high voltage transmission systems to evacuate power generated from new mega solar parks to the interstate grid, and improve reliability of the national grid system.
- The ministry of power has set the conventional electricity generation target for financial year 2017-18 at 1,229.4 billion units (BU), up 50 BU from the target for the current year.
Read More and India added a record 5,400 megawatts (MW) of wind power in 2016-17, exceeding its 4,000MW target. Read More
- India is working on a plan for making domestic manufacturing of solar power generation equipment competitive vis-à-vis other countries such as China.
- The ministry of electronics and information technology (Meity) is revising its policy framework towards making India a global semiconductor hub, which will see the government taking a more active role, including initial investment, in a bid to attract private sector players. The existing policy has not worked as it offered little commercial viability for the private sector
ICT including Services:
- India’s Internet Economy Set to Hit USD 250 Billion by 2020 Read More
- 730 million Internet users are anticipated in the country by 2020-NASSCOM Read More
- Indian telcos’ revenue to reach $63 billion by 2026: Ericsson Read More
- ‘India aims to bring broadband to every village by 2018′ Read More
- Digital payments in India to be $500 Bn by 2020: Report Read More
- Indian Telecom Services Performance Indicator Report Read More
- No health hazards from mobile tower radiation: Government Read More and DoT launches Tarang Sanchar portal for information sharing on mobile towers and EMF emission Read more
- HPE [oneM2M interoperability standard based platform] and Tata Communications to collaborate for world’s largest IoT network in India Read More
- Wipro joins IoT standards group LoRA Read More
- First IOT cluster in India may come up in Pune Read More
- Telecom regulator – TRAI implemented a pilot project on common duct for all cables Read More
- TRAI wants to allocate 10 Mhz in 700 Mhz band to machine-to-machine services Read More
- TRAI releases pre-consultation paper on broadcast sector Read More
- Three-day India Mobile Congress from Sept 27’2017 in Delhi Read More
- Indian Govt. approves MoU with US Homeland on cyber security Read More
- Mrs. Aruna Sundararajan present secretary of Electronics & IT also given additional charge of Department of Telecommunications Read more
- COAI want Department of Telecom to check handset quality over call drops Read more
- India to formalize 5G standards by 2018, but clueless about spectrum? Read more
- Ericsson partners IIT Delhi for 5G technology in India Read more
- A proposal to implement mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment, prior to sale/import/use in the country, is under consideration in Department of Telecommunications (DoT). A draft document namely “Procedure for Certification of Telecommunication Equipment” has been prepared TEC and is available for comments until 24th June’2017 (Extended).
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, on 8 March 2017, released the draft Information Technology (Security of Prepaid Payment Instruments) Rules, 2017 (Draft Rules), under the Information Technology Act, 2000 (IT Act), for public comments
- Government of India, in line with National Cyber Security Policy 2013, has created sectoral Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) to mitigate cyber security threats in power systems.
- Government of India has allocated additional Rs 10,000 crore (Euro 1.39 Billion) for National Optical Fibre Network – Bharat Net project for 2017-18. By January-end 2017, the project had completed 76 percent of the target, covering 76,089 gram panchayats (GPs).
- Electronic Technology Start-ups in India is to get Rs 2,200 crore (Euro 305 Million) investment from the Government of India. The fund is expected to allot in start-ups working on new technologies in the electronics sector under the Electronic Development Fund (EDF).
- Make in India gets sourcing push from Government [providing preference to domestically manufactured goods for government procurements] Read More and To Make in India, Modi Government approves Buy in India Read more
- Launch of the India Smart Manufacturing Alliance Read More
- Industry Association CII and Govt. Research Agency CSIR sign MoU for ‘Make in India tech development and deployment venture’ Read More
- Make in India LED bulbs are now being exported to London Read more
- Commerce and Industry Minister highlights the investment opportunities available in India to increase the contribution of manufacturing sector to 25% of GDP
- Govt. Think Tank – Niti Aayog to rank states on energy efficiency Read More
- India and US MoU on renewables grid integration Read More
- Government plans leasing of electric vehicles in clean energy push Read More
- Whitepaper on Challenges in Implementation of e-Waste Rules Read more
- Govt. plan to come out soon with policies on the second-generation ethanol as well as methanol (non-conventional fuel resources), which will bring down the crude import bill by Rs 1 lakh crore (Euro 13.88B) and help Co2 emission compliances of the country.
- Government has collected Rs 21,129 crore (Euro 3B) as Clean Environment Cess in Apr’16-Jan’17
R&D and Innovation:
- India to have science infrastructure sharing policy soon Read More
- BASF opens innovation campus in India Read More
- European FTA pushes for tougher IPR rules under ongoing trade talks with India Read More
- EU to Promote Cooperation Between European, Indian Cities Read More
- Germany Provides 200 MN Euro for India’s Energy Efficiency Programme Read More
- India, Germany to work together on alternative medicine Read More
- French firm, Egis International, to execute Chandigarh smart city project Read More
- UK Government agency pledges $80m for renewables in India Read More
- Schneider Electric to develop India’s first integrated green field smart city project NAYA Raipur Development Authority (NRDA) Read More
- Siemens to outsource components locally Read more
- Bosch to invest Rs 800 crore annually for next few years in India Read more
- Joint Press Release on Railways Cooperation between India and France and Cabinet approves MoU between India and France on Technical Cooperation in Civil Aviation
- India and the UK announce joint UK-India Fund, namely a Green Growth Equity Fund; Aims to leverage private sector investment from the City of London to invest in Green Infrastructure Projects in India;
- India and the United Kingdom (UK) decided to jointly invest up to £240 million in an India-UK fund to finance India’s rapidly growing energy and renewables market. The fund aims to leverage private sector investment from London and is likely to raise around £500 million initially.
- The European Union pressed India to extend by six months its bilateral investment pacts with several EU-member countries which are expiring soon, saying the absence of the treaties could adversely impact trade ties and FTA talks. Read More
- India and Belgium sign Protocol amending the India-Belgium Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement and Protocol Read More
- Cabinet approves Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Renewable Energy between India and Portugal and Cabinet approves MoU between India and Portugal on cooperation in the field of IT&E
Invest India :
- India eases rules to allow merger of Indian companies with foreign firms Read More
- Government initiates work on shifting financial year to January-December Read More
- FIPB abolished: Cabinet approves winding up of 25-year old Foreign Investment Promotion Board Read More
- Economy to grow over 3-fold to $7.25 trillion by 2030: Niti Aayog Read More
- India will grow at 7.2% this year: World Bank Read More
- Government tweaks start-up definition, benefits to now flow for 7 years Read More
- Government reaches out to nodal departments to improve ranking in World Bank’s ease of doing business.
- Government studying report on changing financial year from April-March to Jan-Dec